Headache, Vertigo & Cervicogenic Dizziness - 3 Credits
Headaches and vertigo/dizziness are common, ranging from a daily nuisance to disabling and life-changing for our patients. Chiropractors can skillfully triage, assess and manage these conditions for most patients – but arriving at the correct diagnosis is paramount in formulating effective treatment strategies! This E-Seminar consists of two sections:
SECTION 1: Differential Diagnosis & Assessment
A review of differential diagnosis and relevant clinical testing procedures for your patients with headache, dizziness or vertigo.
SECTION 2: Treatment Considerations
A contemporary summary of the evidence pertaining to the appropriateness and efficacy of manual therapy, including chiropractic care, for headache and cervicogenic dizziness.
- Review common differential diagnoses and clinical assessment strategies for common headaches, vertigo and dizziness
- Appraise the literature pertaining to the complex interplay between cervical spine function and dizziness, neck pain and headache
- Summarize our contemporary understanding of the assessment and diagnosis of cervicogenic dizziness
- Describe the HINTS examination for acute vestibular syndrome patients
- Explore the evidence on the appropriateness and efficacy of manual therapy, including chiropractic care, for headache and cervicogenic dizziness
NOTE: The content of this E-Seminar was included in “Chiropractic Checkup from the Neck Up” – 8 Credits / do not purchase both courses.